We are happy to be able to provide the COVID19 vaccine to our established patients, when supply is available. Please notify us if you are interested in receiving the vaccine. We will add you to the waiting list and will contact you when an appointment is available.
If you have already received your first dose of the vaccine elsewhere, please plan to receive your second dose at that same location, as already scheduled.
Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine Consent Form
COVID-19 Vaccine FAQ for Patients
Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS)
by the CDC and FDA to monitor the safety of all vaccines licensed in the United States.
V-Safe After Vaccination Health Checker
Fact Sheet For Recipients And Caregivers
Dear Valued Patient:
At Cancer Center of South Florida (CCSF), we are committed to ensuring we are taking precautions to maintain your safety. We recognize that you may have some concerns about the coronavirus (COVID-19), and we wanted to put your mind at ease and share with you what we are doing to maintain safety for all:
- Office Visits
- Your office visit will be done over the phone via TeleHealth using a video component such as FaceTime, Skype, Zoom or through our patient portal (Healow).
- Day of the visit, your provider will call you so you don’t have to come into the office.
- We are still giving treatments in the office.
- When you arrive, you will be asked a series of screening questions.
- We are restricting family and visitors in the office, only patients are allowed inside. We are asking that family wait outside.
- We encourage all patients to wear a mask for face covering such as a handkerchief.
- If you are not feeling well please stay home, especially if you have a fever, are coughing or sneezing or are experiencing shortness of breath. Please call the triage nurses for further guidance. If you show up with symptoms, the staff will ask you a series of questions and may direct you to go back home or recommend COVID 19 testing.
- All staff are wearing masks. We encourage you to wear a mask also when here.
- Our policy has always been to wipe down our tables and equipment. We have increased the frequency of doing this and we will continue to be vigilant.
- Handwashing is your best self-defense against the spread of germs. As a backup, use the antibacterial hand sanitizer readily available to you.
- Help us by being vigilant. If you have recently traveled or live with someone who has recently traveled or has test positive for the coronavirus, please let us know and follow guidance on the Center for Disease Control (CDC) website for self-quarantine.
Here are additional things we are doing to keep our office clean and safe:
- All staff members will continue to wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, particularly after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing their nose, coughing or sneezing.
- We have additional hand sanitizer stations around the office.
- Any staff members who are ill are advised to stay home.
Lastly, we are closely monitoring updates from the Florida Dept. of Health, CDC regarding COVID-19. We will continue to seek guidance from these agencies and public health officials, and we will update you as new information becomes available.
We have always committed and continue to make our office a safe place for all. Thank you for your patience and understanding.